Wish You Could Opt Out of Obamacare?
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) is now the law of the land. And, it is going to cause most Americans to think about some things and to decide how there are going to respond. There are some good aspects to this legislation, but there are lots of problems in it. And, most Americans have no idea yet.
We are just beginning to see the financial impact of PPACA (Obamacare). Taxes are going to increase. And, they are just beginning. Health insurance premiums are going to have to increase – most experts say substantially (estimates between 50%-300% more than current levels). And, the promised tax incentives promised to middle income families are still nebulous.
Here’s a recent headline of an article at Forbes reports: “Obamacare Guarantees Higher Health Insurance Premiums -- $3,000+ Higher” The article goes on to quote Aetna’s CEO, Mark Bertolini, “warned that many consumers would face “premium rate shock” with the advent of Obamacare’s major insurance regulations in 2014. He predicted that unsubsidized premiums would rise 20 to 50 percent, on average. For some people, premiums would double. “We’re going to see some markets go up as much as 100 percent,” Bertolini told Bloomberg News.
Contrary to popular opinion, healthcare will not be less expensive under Obamacare.
If you are a Christian, you are about to face a conflict of convictions. The PPACA legislation contains components that will force you to financially support contraception, the “morning after” pill and, as unbelievable as it seems, abortion. Here are some excerpts taken from a report compiled by the group, Alliance Defending Freedom.
- Finalized on February 10, 2012 by HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius requiring "preventive services" for women that must be included without co-pays or deductibles in nearly every health insurance plan in the country.
- Provides “free” coverage for early-abortion pills, contraceptives, sterilizations, and “education and counseling” about choosing and using those things. While these items are “free”, nearly all other medications (heart pills, insulin, etc.) still cost the same
- Requires that, beginning in 2014, large employers provide their employees with ObamaCare- compliant insurance plans or pay a heavy fine and employers of any size who provide their employees with insurance must offer only ObamaCare-compliant plans or face similarly burdensome fines and lawsuits
- Religious organizations are not exempt unless they meet very strict and narrow parameters that include only some churches and religious orders (see Exemptions below)
- Was upheld by the Supreme Court as a tax on June 28, 2012
- Requires that, beginning in 2014, nearly all Americans purchase ObamaCare-compliant insurance plans or pay a heavy fine
- Individuals who are forced to purchase insurance plans through State Exchanges (see below) in order to be compliant with the
- Individual Mandate, in many cases, will be purchasing plans that impose the Abortion Premium Mandate (see below)
- The Individual Mandate requires people to pay for what the HHS mandate covers (because the HHS Mandate applies to all plans) and also requires all individuals in certain plans to pay the Abortion Premium
Abortion Premium Mandate
- Is concealed in the Individual Mandate and requires all persons enrolled in insurance plans in State Exchanges that include elective abortion coverage to pay a separate premium straight from their paychecks to fund all types of elective abortion
- ObamaCare says this separate premium will not cost less than $1 per month per enrollee, but does not say how much more it could cost
- This separate charge will go directly into an abortion-on-demand fund established by ObamaCare to cover all types of elective abortions - surgical, chemical, late term, etc.
- Because this premium is taken directly from a paycheck and put directly into an abortion-on- demand fund, bypassing the tax process, it attempts to circumvent federal laws that prohibit taxpayer funding of abortion
- Elective abortions of all types (surgical, chemical, late term, etc.) will be covered similarly to medical procedures, which may have a co-pay or may be subsidized completely
- The U.S. Department of Labor reports that there are approximately 154,000,000 people in the U.S. labor force. If only half of plans include the Abortion Premium, at only $1 per month, the yearly income into this fund would be $924,000,000. (Bureau of Labor Statistics May 2012 Pg. 5)
- On average, an abortion costs $450. At the above rate, this fund could completely subsidize 2 million abortions per year. Currently, there are 1.2 million abortions per year in the U.S.
*Thanks to Alliance Defending Freedom for compiling this information
The question all Christians will have to ask is “Can I live with that?”
The Good News is that you don’t have to!
How to opt out of Obamacare:
As the Citizens Council on Healthcare says, “The Democrats passed their mandatory health care bill, yet all conservative Christians are exempt if they want to be – and the only requirement is that they have to live a biblical lifestyle.”
Anyone who is a member of a health cost sharing ministry is exempted from penalty under the national health care bill signed into law by President Barack Obama on March 23, 2010. Christian Healthcare Ministries meets each of the qualifications set forth for health cost sharing ministries in the U.S. health care legislation.
What is Christian Healthcare Ministries?
Christian Healthcare Ministries (CHM) is a nonprofit, voluntary cost-sharing ministry through which participating Christians have helped to pay each other’s medical bills for more than 30 years. CHM is based on Galatians 6:2 and Acts 2 and 4. In the last 20 years, CHM members have shared more than $1 billion in medical bills! The ministry is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
How does it work?
Christian Healthcare Ministries is not a health insurance company. Rather, we are a group of thousands of Christians across the United States and around the world who share each other’s burdens in the area of health care costs. We also pray for and encourage one another.
In the last 20 years, members have helped each other by sharing more than $1 billion in medical costs.
Christian Healthcare Ministries members select one of three participation levels: Gold, Silver or Bronze. Monthly financial gifts assigned to each level are the shared funds used to meet medical costs.
A monthly Member Gift Form statement contains financial gift amount information and instructions on sending gifts to the CHM office. The funds are placed in a Member Escrow Account, enabling CHM staff to process medical needs efficiently and quickly.
What are the advantages of becoming a CHM member?
• Affordable and compassionate
• No waiting period
• Generous maternity program
• Choose your own health care providers
• No application fee or annual fee
• No one is dropped or denied participation due to medical conditions
• Monthly financial gifts are not increased based on age, weight, medical conditions, etc.
• Bill reductions often eliminate out-of-pocket expenses
• Longevity, integrity, and accountability
• One free month for each new membership you bring to CHM
• Knowing that each financial gift goes to help a fellow Christian as fellow Christians are standing by to help you!
When you compare the cost of CHM to the high premiums and high deductibles of major medical insurance plans, it’s clear that this low-cost alternative to health insurance is a wise choice.
An affordable, faith-based solution for Christians to the problems of rising health care costs and expensive health insurance policies.
We are thousands of Christians united in sharing each other’s medical bills.
In the past 20 years, members of this nonprofit ministry have shared more than $1 billion in healthcare costs.
Available in All 50 States
No Network – Choose Your Own Doctors and Hospitals
You do not have to sit by and watch Obamacare roll over you. You have a choice. You can opt out.
If you would like to know more about the details of Christian Health Ministries and how you can choose to opt out of Obamacare, we would invite you to a webinar where we will share all of the details. Click on the link below and sign up today.
Want to talk about all this? Give us a call at 888-481-9211.
Want to drop us an email? email@example.com.